Not open for further replies.

denislouisb

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Incompatibility of Visual C++6.0 in Windows 7

I have installed Visual C++6.0 on a Windows 7 machine ignoring messages about compatibility. I got it to work SOMEWHAT, in the sense that:

- I can not open a new file such as "example.c", build a project and compile it
- I can open an existing project and edit source files, as long as I don't change any file name (which prevents me from building new projects), I can rebuild, compile and run

Why does a reputable company have to create such nonsensical problems? Why don't they take a course in software? (I taught some). That compiler used to work with Win98, NT, XP, what is the problem? (shame on them!)

mmm
for a solution but not perfect one
you can use virtual machine program and install windows xp on it and use c++ version 6 inside your virtual machine

mmm i tried to search for last service pack (SP) for c++ version 6 i found sp6 but it support operating systems like XP

i suggest you download visual studio 2010 very powerful or you have to download virtual machine as i said

Mahmoud

I can run Remote Desktop from my Windows 7 to the XP machine, so that's not a problem. But I mind these "incompatibilities" that do not make any sense, indicating that Microsoft has no idea of well-built software. I have worse examples though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…