Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Incompatibility of Visual C++ in Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

denislouisb

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Incompatibility of Visual C++6.0 in Windows 7

I have installed Visual C++6.0 on a Windows 7 machine ignoring messages about compatibility. I got it to work SOMEWHAT, in the sense that:

- I can not open a new file such as "example.c", build a project and compile it
- I can open an existing project and edit source files, as long as I don't change any file name (which prevents me from building new projects), I can rebuild, compile and run

Why does a reputable company have to create such nonsensical problems? Why don't they take a course in software? (I taught some). That compiler used to work with Win98, NT, XP, what is the problem? (shame on them!)

mmm
for a solution but not perfect one
you can use virtual machine program and install windows xp on it and use c++ version 6 inside your virtual machine

mmm i tried to search for last service pack (SP) for c++ version 6 i found sp6 but it support operating systems like XP

i suggest you download visual studio 2010 very powerful or you have to download virtual machine as i said

Mahmoud

I can run Remote Desktop from my Windows 7 to the XP machine, so that's not a problem. But I mind these "incompatibilities" that do not make any sense, indicating that Microsoft has no idea of well-built software. I have worse examples though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back