Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In which simulation program I can find CC1000 IC ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowwhite88

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
i need to design a sensor unit using CC1000 with a Microcontroller ,so which simulation program can help me in this design ?
i have a small knowledge in electronic designs , so pls help me

Snow White

can you explain more please ,
and is there is another one?

thanks

pls do any one know any other answer , i need choices, my resources are limited so if any one can help i have no idea how to use TOSSIM can any one help me ???
thanks

Last edited:

it is a opensrce and based python programming......& it is easy to learn

please i need more information can you help me ????
i am really glad that you answering me
can i send you me email and please give me some of your time
thanks

If you consider CC1100, you should think of changing to it's successor CC1101 respectively CC110L due to the considerably simplified processor interface and packet handling in hardware.

Apart from this point, I would be very surprized if you find a usable simulation of these complex chips in any available tool. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

i need to work on the ISM band ; the resonant frequency 433MHz ;thats why i need to use CC1000

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

have you used Tossim ?

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

mmmm OK i just checked its datasheet i am sorry for my previous replay but my problem still not solved

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

the painful thing in all that is none of these components exist in my country

There may be a misunderstanding about the purpose of your simulation. The suggested TOSSIM simulator is intended to simulate some aspects of CC1100 radio transceiver operation when used within the tinyOS sensor network. If your application is related to tinyOS somehow, the suggestion seems reasonable.

I did however hear from your question, that your application is rather a generic short range radio one. I this case I don't see how TOSSIM should contribute. And as said, I don't believe, there's another simulator suitable for your purposes.

i need to design an optimized sensor unit it is a research in general purpose applications so what do you think?

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

now do think Tossim is the solution ??
can you help me download it ??
and learn hoe to use it??
thanks

Which aspects of radio transceiver operation to you expect to be covered in a simulation?

i did not understand your question??
i need to design a sensor unit which accomplish sensing tasks as well as providing a low data rate connectivity infrastructure

i did not understand your question??
Why you need simulation? Just design your radio device according to the project specification.

Hi
because all the components is not exist in my country (Iraq) , if i ordered them by internet it might cost three times it original price just for delivering it and there is a chance that the year ends and the components have not arrived yet.
besides that i have learnt that simulation programs is used first to check if the design is working properly and then design it with hardware

thanks

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

thats why there is no project specification , i can choose what to do that's why it is for general applications and that's why i need a simulation program so that i can change easily depending on what can be available at the time of design

I understand the problem. I fear however, that it's almost illusional to evaluate the behaviour of a complex mixed signal chip like a radio transceiver in a simulation.

I see two main aspects that are possibly critical if you don't have experience with similar devices:
- the RF engineering aspect, particularly circuit layout in general, impedance matching network, antenna design
- programming. You should at least calculate some time to learn how to talk to the chip.

The first point may a reason to use "legacy" CC1100 instead of the newer devices, because it comes in a TSSOP package which is more easily to handle in prototype design than the new smart chips in QFN package. Easy programming would suggest to choose the latter.

A neat solution would be to use TI evaluation modules in your project, effectively freeing you from the RF design and tiny SMD package part of the project. **broken link removed**

exactly i need to design such one ; cause i have designed an antenna using CST and now i need to complete the circuit that's why i asked about the software in which i can design the sensor ???

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

Is CC110L is a transceiver + microcontroller?

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Thanks a lot

CC110L is a second generation transceiver, a companion of CC1101 with slightly reduced functionality. Both are pin compatible. Like first generation CC1000, it has no microcontroller. A SoC version (CC1101 RF part + 8051 processor) is available as CC1120. It may be interesting for a minimum part count sensor solution. But the processor interface of the CC1101 reduces to four SPI lines, so any processor of your choice should do.

The sensor circuit design can refer to all standard methods, including analog and digital simulation. My simulation doubts are mainly related to the transceiver part.

now what should i do? what do you suggest to me? i will use CC110L instead of CC1000 ; how can i connect the circuit ???? as i said i cant connect it in hardware , what is your suggestions ?
if i dont download Tossim which prog. should i download then?
i am weak in programming but i intend to finish my project

MANY THANKS

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

as i read i should use MSP430 controller with the transceiver

---------- Post added at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

give me suggestions for the simulation ???????????????? pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back