Not open for further replies.

J0hn

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Like to know any advice to improve gain flatness of the amplifer?

Additional info: I had used serie high inductance and high shunt cap for the DC supply to the amp, and also for the DC block at the input and output of the amplifer, I have place high Cap value.

Thanks.

You are not giving us much information of your circuit: type of amplifier, topology, frequency of operation, etc.

The reason for gain ripple could be many, such as mismatch, resonances, etc.

A schematic diagram and layout of your design would be helpful. Plots of simulated end measured gain ripple too.

I had attached the amp schematic.. The value were choosen initially so that SRF is above the operating frequency (DC to 6 GHz)

The 23.5 nH inductor, i intend to replace with ferrite EMI suppression bead BLM18HG102SN1D.

The 47 pF cap (DC block), i intend to replace with DC broadband cap.

From the data sheet, the amp should have a flat gain of 18 dB from DC to 6GHz, but i can't seem to get a flat gain... my ripple is about 2-3 dB.

Any advice? Thanks...

What does the gain plot with ripple look like? Within what frequency range is the ripple located? Ripple below 1 GHz and flat from 1 to 6 GHz?

Are you using recommended PCB layout exactly according to page 3 in the data sheet?

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…