Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implementing usb2.0 to pci on FPGA - need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

colt45

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
need some info

i'm planning to implement usb2.0 to pci on FPGA as my final year project.i need to know whether it is possible at this level or not?

need some info

yes it is possible. you might need to have an external USB PHY. xilinx and altera have fpga big enough to implemet the full usb 2.0 controller.

another thing you might want to look at is quicklogic (a smaller fpga company) has a chip with built-in usb controller including phy with their fpga. but their fpga is pretty small compared to the xilinx and altera parts.

for a school project, stick with the big boys, you'll get more "unofficial" support form sites like this.

Re: need some info

thank you mytechface... also can u tell me that is it a gud final year project or not ? and can you give me some more ideas if you have some...

Status
Not open for further replies.