Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Impedance calculation with voltage source for excitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinoza

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
impedance calculation with voltage source

I have been trying to calculate the impedance of a dipole pole antenna that is excited by a voltage source in HFSS v9.2.1. I can use the fields calculator to calculate the current at the center of the voltage source line. I should then be able to get the impedance by dividing the voltage by the current. I have designed the dipole for 130Mhz and made the dimensions of the dipole to match. I should get around 75 ohms at 0 degree phase but instead im getting around 40 ohms at about 30 degrees. I have been using the fields calculator cookbook that Ansoft released. I am not sure if my closed line to calculate current is too big or too small and if I have it placed correctly. I have made all sorts of variations on size and position of the closed line but with no succes. I have noticed that this is also a common issue for many people who want to excite their structure with a voltage source and find impedance. I have attached the program that I am currently working on. I would really appreciate any help with this. Ideas or answers are very welcome. And I think this would be a very useful technique for many people who want to use a voltage source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back