Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image Rejection Filter Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriousTyro

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm building a Wifi 2.4GHz receiver for class using a 0.13 um process operating at 1.2V.

I need some advice. I'm making a heterodyne receiver and somewhat finished my LNA design.
The next part after the LNA would be the Image Rejection Filter for the mixer and one of the
specifications is to have IRR=40dB. From what I read, the Hartley and Weaver architectures
typically have a range of 30-35dB.

Does anyone have suggestions on some architectures or any good papers for an image refection filter?

Thanks,
Tyro

To design this image filter, very important is the frequency spacing between RF and LO signal, which is the IF frequency.
If the IF frequency is very low compared to RF frequency, would be a challenge to design an image reject filter with 40dB rejection.

Image reject can be implemented by IF1 & IF2 with an external hybrid.
Also, biasing the IF1 & IF2 maybe help.

- - - Updated - - -

Image reject can be implemented by IF1 & IF2 with an external hybrid.
Also, biasing the IF1 & IF2 maybe help.

Status
Not open for further replies.