Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm a fresher placed in wipro vlsi...pls sugggest me some courses i must do

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyasoku

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm a fresher placed in wipro vlsi...pls sugggest me some courses i must do before I join the company....what are all the design tools and sofftwares they are using...

You can built your basic concept of CMOS, verilog, setup and hold time concept etc. Every company provides training to freshers. I think you need not to spend money on additional course.

You can built your basic concept of CMOS, verilog, setup and hold time concept etc. Every company provides training to freshers. I think you need not to spend money on additional course.

Thank you, but I thought it would give me an upper hand if. I did some certifications......correct me if I'I'm wrong pls

Yes, It will. It is very helpful if you are seeking for a job. Now you already have a job. Why to spend money on extra course as you already have a job. VLSI course are very costly also. Eventually it is your choice.

Firstly select your specific job oriented domain or orientation in VLSI. There are quite a lot of dimensions in VLSI. Inside VLSI which particulars are you posted?. Design or verification?. Or Backend ?. Is it for FPGA\Asic\SOCs etc?.... Once you move from bench(If you are so) into any projects, you can fairly think of learning more outside. This is a friendly advise. I've been into FPGA designs for 5 yrs and all because I started my prj in FPGA designs\verification. Be patient. Once you get into a project, your actual career starts, until otherwise, not much benefits in learning at this time. Waste of money since you wont have experience to digest the complex nature of tools\languages initially though.

Just read some text books for CMOS designs and timings. Wait for your actual career

Cheers

thanks a lot...........sir can u explain me what are front end and back end jobs ????/

Yes, That's correct by reading the job oriented books is best to improve your skills,then search daily your job related sites ok, My suggestion is don't waste money in studying course and all ok....

thanks a lot...........sir can u explain me what are front end and back end jobs ????/

Well, front-end involves mostly code-design and code-verification part which will be utilized\programmed in well planned and programmable chip,

whereas the back-end are purely floor planning or chip designing like constructing a 9-bit adder using efficient and less power CMOS transistor by using custom libraries etc, depending on your chip requirements.

What type of project that you going to work, search that related sites and get an idea and use in your office..If they going to start their project means they will inform in what platform it want to do, from that day you visit the project related sites and get nice results.

think according to the standard and guidance provided by wipro no need to do any course other than building your career in vlsi...

In which platform that you going to do your project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back