Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IGBT Test bench for switching test (finally for characterization)

Status
Not open for further replies.

felixpius

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to construct test bench for IGBT switching test.

I will model the igbt component using the measurement data on later.

It is my first trial to make PCB with components I buy.

I think the basic schematic circuit is below.

testbench.jpg

Target IGBT model is IKP10N60T Infineon, which includes FWD.
( **broken link removed** )

For gate driver, 1EDI60I12AF Infineon.
It has isolation capability by itself.
( **broken link removed** )

The question is what type of input signal can be transmitted to gate driver.
Can signal generator directly apply signal input to driver or do i need another chip to control the driver?

And are there any other parts required to be added?
(eg. overcurrent protection, optocoupler for separating signal from power circuit, or output node for measurement)

Any tips will be helpful for me..

Last edited:

Hi,

For building an IGBT test you should do the same as the manufacturer does. (to be compareable)
Usually there are test circuits in the IGBT´s datasheet.

The question is what type of input signal can be transmitted to gate driver.
Can signal generator directly apply signal input to driver or do i need another chip to control the driver?

Read the driver datasheet what input signal it needs. Read generator datasheet if it can provide this signal.

And are there any other parts required to be added?
(eg. overcurrent protection, optocoupler for separating signal from power circuit, or output node for measurement)
You say the driver has isolation. Usually there is no need for double isolation.
What other protection circuit you need we can´t tell you. It mostely depends on your needs and you test signals.

What data are you interested in? signal speed (timing), dropout voltage (electrical) or thermal?

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.