Not open for further replies.

balaji3724

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i need some basic details about igbt(ir2110)before that i know the motor control using pwm pic controller but my new project using igbt baesd control the motor , already search the basic concept and how to use the igbt ic but i can't got clear Explanation i mean how to use the igbt ic in pic controller,so please help me.:-cry:

Hi.

Look in the ir2110 datasheet. First drawing shows to properly connect it to the IGBTs.

ok thanks
already i see the file in my project i am going to control(soft start) the dc motor using igbt here using pwm i can control the motor but how to give a SIGNAL(pwm) to the igbt there are to input pin in igbt so based on my project what shout i do..

Look at page 4 in datasheet. The pins is described there.

hii all,
i am trying to control speed of a 24V dc motor with igbt(CT60). i am using ir2110 ic as igbt driver. my igbt is giving output 8V only...i hv attached my circuit..i have already used this circuit before. but i need 24 v out.
please help

Hi.
I recomend you to start a new thread about this spesific problem.
But, the wize pepople may not agree themself as this problem may be relevant to threadstarters question.

Anyway - how did you measured the voltage, and where did you connect the probel? What kind of voltmeter did you use, or did you use a scope?

thanx 4 reply ... 1st of all i m sory bcoz m new user..
i m measuring voltage one probe at emitter of upper igbt and second at ground...i m using digital multimeter...
is it possible to test single igbt circuit.if i simply apply 24V at collector of igbt and apply a high logic at Hin pin..???

Hi. It might be two reasons for that:

1. Your circuit does work but the multimeter cannot compute alternating voltage (chopping dc-voltage)

2. The VS-pin doesn't provide enough voltage. Check this.

can you provide me a working circuit of igbt.. i want to control speed of 24V dc motor. i think that my capacitor values are not accurate.although i am able to switch igbt ON and OFF. but not getting the collector(drain) voltage at emmiter...i m very much disappointed please help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…