Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

igbt(ir2110) based control the motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

balaji3724

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i need some basic details about igbt(ir2110)before that i know the motor control using pwm pic controller but my new project using igbt baesd control the motor , already search the basic concept and how to use the igbt ic but i can't got clear Explanation i mean how to use the igbt ic in pic controller,so please help me.:-:)cry:

Hi.

Look in the ir2110 datasheet. First drawing shows to properly connect it to the IGBTs.

ok thanks
already i see the file in my project i am going to control(soft start) the dc motor using igbt here using pwm i can control the motor but how to give a SIGNAL(pwm) to the igbt there are to input pin in igbt so based on my project what shout i do..

Look at page 4 in datasheet. The pins is described there.

hii all,
i am trying to control speed of a 24V dc motor with igbt(CT60). i am using ir2110 ic as igbt driver. my igbt is giving output 8V only...i hv attached my circuit..i have already used this circuit before. but i need 24 v out.
please help
my.JPG

hii all,
i am trying to control speed of a 24V dc motor with igbt(CT60). i am using ir2110 ic as igbt driver. my igbt is giving output 8V only...i hv attached my circuit..i have already used this circuit before. but i need 24 v out.
please help
View attachment 73982
Hi.
I recomend you to start a new thread about this spesific problem.
But, the wize pepople may not agree themself as this problem may be relevant to threadstarters question.

Anyway - how did you measured the voltage, and where did you connect the probel? What kind of voltmeter did you use, or did you use a scope?

thanx 4 reply ... 1st of all i m sory bcoz m new user..
i m measuring voltage one probe at emitter of upper igbt and second at ground...i m using digital multimeter...
is it possible to test single igbt circuit.if i simply apply 24V at collector of igbt and apply a high logic at Hin pin..???

Hi. It might be two reasons for that:

1. Your circuit does work but the multimeter cannot compute alternating voltage (chopping dc-voltage)

2. The VS-pin doesn't provide enough voltage. Check this.

can you provide me a working circuit of igbt.. i want to control speed of 24V dc motor. i think that my capacitor values are not accurate.although i am able to switch igbt ON and OFF. but not getting the collector(drain) voltage at emmiter...i m very much disappointed please help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back