Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] if ocr1a is not sending output then what should have to do in atmega16

Status
Not open for further replies.

prashanttyagi85

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all
please help me
i am working on rgb led driver using atmega16
i have tested a part of code perfectly
for out put i am using here OC0, OC1A, OC1B pin of atmega16.
now from OC1A i am not getting the output,
code is ok
i think pin has damaged
if so,
then is there any way to use any other pin as OC1A
if yes please tell me.
& also tell me how to save the pins of controller (by using diode or anything else)?
thanks

is nobody interested in this problem?????????????
No ;-)

There are no alternative pins for OC1A or OC1B , the only other available OC outputs are one for timer0 and one for timer2 which are 8bit timers.

You should be careful not to stress the pins beyond the specified max rating

mega16_absolute_max_ratings.gif

This info is available in the electrical characteristics section of the datasheet

ok thanks for your reply
i just want to know that i have connected cathode of 3w rgb led directly to these pins.
is it harmful to controller?
& to connect led with the help of mosfet is ok or not?

A 3w led consumes about 1A at about 3v if you use a resistor, if not it will try to pull even more current.
In any case a led like this will be the equivalent of a short and it will probably damage the output but I haven't destroyed any chip to test if this is true or not.

- - - Updated - - -

The pin can drive the mosfet without a problem I think but it may be a good idea to use a resistor that will limit the pin output stress especially if you are constantly switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.