Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

If earth revolves faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two results that I can think of.

1. Animal mating and plant growing seasons are linked to the yearly cycle of light and temperature. If these occurred twice as fast there may not be enough time to reach maturity. One example of this would be migratory birds. They would not have time to grow their wings to fly to warmer climates in the winter and would die from the cold.

2. The temperature at any location would not have the summer-winter extremes be smaller.

mehboob_iiui said:
Just wondering if the earth were to revolve around the sun with 2x speed, what effects will it have.

What speed?
Angular velocity or linear velocity?

Remember that
v = w X R

We would be half the distance to the Sun, or the Sun would be twice as massive, or Physics has changed, or ...
Those seem like unpleasant situations. ;)

And I'd have to buy all new calendars.

i think if the velocity increases, the centrifugal and centripetal forces wil not balance. so it has to increase the radius of orbit to remain in it. thus the earth wil go further away from sun. I THINK SO..

If you assume it as the linear velocity... then it takes two revolution to make an year, and u may have two summer and two winter in a year....
and if the rotation doubles .... an average human can live for 120 years.. :)... i wud be 12 with the maturity of 24....

Ohhh...thats situation would not be easy for us..
many physics facts will change, also our lifestyle will change..
Survival is big deal, everything will change, maturity and development will be
affected..

-reu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back