Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IEEE Journal - Latex Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumit007

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ieee journal format

Hi... I want to begin using this Latex format provided by IEEE for journal papers. However, I dont know how exactly it has to be used.

I have downloaded the IEEEtran.zip file from the ieee.org website.
Unzipped the file & saw these files in it:
bare_conf (PCTeX Document)
bare_jrnl (PCTeX Document)
IEEEtran (Visual Basic Class Module)
IEEEtran_HOWTO (Pdf Document)

I was reading the IEEEtran_HOWTO pdf file but could not really understand where exactly do i have to begin.

I have also this folder in my computer - PCTeX32 Version 4.2.05
So is this file used to open those PCTeX Documents..
Where will i find the IEEE format then ? like font size, page setup, column width etc etc.

Next.. where do i exactly type in my paper.
I downloaded the MSWORD format for IEEE journals & it was quite easy to use. Just copy & paste stuff from another file and thats it. But pretty confused with this LATex thing..

Can someone shed some info on using this LATex format.

thanks

ieee format journal

Hi

You may want to read the the IEEEtran_HOWTO more carefully, it is explained there. the CLASS document is the one classified as Visual Basic Class Module, (in fact it is windows problem not to show the file extension). The document tells you what to do with that file,

I don't have that PCTex32, but normally if you put the class file in the same directory as the document you are building, it should compile with no problem.

If this helps you press the "helped me" button for statistics

Sal

sumit007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ieee jurnal latex sample

To keep things simple, I am typing the document in the same folder (folder name: ABC) that contains those 4 files mentioned above. So i dont need to take this class file to any other folder..

The PCTeX folder is a separate folder. Do i have to take " ABC folder" to the same folder that contains PCTeX ?

Now.. what is the usual procedure for writing ?

I open the Class file and start modifying it ?

And what do u mean by compile ? How do we do it ?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back