Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IEC60601-1 Requirements for Medical Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericmar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
iec 60601 isolation requirement

Dear all,

I just want to know if I design an isolation circuit for a medical device, must I use the components such as Digital Isolator & isolated DC/DC converter IC that comply to the IEC60601-1? If the Safety and regulatory approvals is not stated in the datasheet of these components, then wat can I do to find out whether or not it complies the standard? Wats the minimum isolation voltage for IEC60601-1?

I am still new in design circuit for medical grade products so not too sure about wat n how to follow in order to fulfill the standard. I did read through the IEC document but it does not really specify in detail as in the minimum isolation voltage.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Eric Mar

Hello Ericmar,

I know briefly IEC-601. Well I can recommend some widebody optocouplers. For example HCNW or ACNW series. They have high creepage/clearance of 10 mm and internal clearance of 1 mm. It should satisfy 601.

E.g. HCNW2611 for digital applications up to 10 MBd.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back