Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identifying an unwanted frequency

csg49980

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I find and shut down an unwanted frequency. Someone is messing with someone and harassing and I want to identify their frequency. Can you give me some pointers?

Hi,

This is a very suspicious post.

How can "someone" be harrassed by "a frequency", if one can not find it?

It´s totally unclear whether this frequency is visible or invisible light, electomagnetic, wired or wireless.
Neither what freqeuency range you expect. And how does "someone" know that there is a "frequency".

Electromagnetic frequencies are all over the world in any rnage of frequency with any range of amplitude and waveform. And you can´t shut them down.
Sun light, for example is one source of visible, invisible light as well as electromagnetic frequencies. Or the power grid, satellites (communication, GPS, TV..), cell phones, military ... And if you swtich them down you surely will get in trouble.

Also there is nothing like an "anti frequency" that can eliminate the frequencies around you.

Frequencies of all kind exist, even if you don´t use them. Like TV or cell phone....

You really think there is a "special frequency" that "harasses"?

Without detailed informations, my opinion: Either build your own faraday cage that protects against almost all freqencies, or go on vacation to relax.

Klaus

How can I find and shut down an unwanted frequency. Someone is messing with someone and harassing and I want to identify their frequency. Can you give me some pointers?
Articulate symptoms then measure the validity of assumptions with suitable test equipment. Ask a better question with data.

If the frequency is unwanted, why do you want to find it?

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So is a lot" - Albert Einstein

It's an "unwanted" frequency, but you haven't "identified" it. Then how do you know it's unwanted? I might recommend a tin foil hat.

But all frequencies need to be wanted and cared for. Frequencies have feelings, too, just like you and me.

Spectrum analyzers are the instrument of choice. For highly / fast
varying frequencies, cruder but faster "channelizers" capture RF
"bin" energy broadside (most spectrum analyzers sweep center
freq slowly and can miss hopping / sparse pulsed waveforms).

I'd bet there are cheap bench spectrum analyzers. But the thing
is, if you don't have -any- idea about frequency, you don't know
what the upper limit of capability needs to be - this being the
dominant cost / price factor, and RF standards have been moving
to the right, faster than instruments hit the low cost used or
hobby-grade markets.

There are also "bug detector", "wifi camera detector" type
gadgets which might or might not satisfy, might or might not
help locate (read the fine print).

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com