Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power detector (LTC5596 ) unwanted frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

guytoub

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to restrict the operating range of a detector.
let me explain: currently I use an LTC5596 to detect a 9Ghz signal and I am polluted by all the wifi signals.
in fact I noticed that I picked up these signals at the entrance of my detector. how to avoid this? Thank you for your help.

Genereally use a band pass or high pass.

Not clear, what's the "entrance" of your detector? An intentional antenna? Or a badly designed PCB picking up waves from the enviroment?

Genereally use a band pass or high pass.

Not clear, what's the "entrance" of your detector? An intentional antenna? Or a badly designed PCB picking up waves from the enviroment?
I have an antenna followed by a filter and an amplifier to adapt the signal. but my problem comes from the fact that I pick up the waves from the environment as you say.

JWHassler

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
But where do you pick it up? Either the filter has insufficient stop band attenuation, then it should be improved. Or the signal is bypassing the filter, then the circuit should be better shielded.

But where do you pick it up? Either the filter has insufficient stop band attenuation, then it should be improved. Or the signal is bypassing the filter, then the circuit should be better shielded.
I pick it up on the input pin of the detector. with or without filter I have the same problem. I will try to put a cover on the detector to improve it.

If the interferer signal comes through the antenna, I think a good high pass filter will do the job.
HPF have lower inband insertion loss and higher out-of-band rejection than simple BPF.

If the interferer signal comes through the antenna, I think a good high pass filter will do the job.
HPF have lower inband insertion loss and higher out-of-band rejection than simple BPF.
I checked all my chain, from the antenna, to the amplifier through the filter, I have no problem, the interfering signal passes through the input pin of the detector. I tried to put an electromagnetic cover, for the moment it is not yet satisfactory. I will see to add vias.
maybe also that my detector is too broad band to detect a desired signal at 9ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back