Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas on a wireless system for go cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee1215

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wireless communication with cart

Looking to brainstorm a little.Trying to come up with some ideas to incorporate into a wireless buggy(go cart). Will have a wireless connection between steering wheel and pedals, front/rear wheels. Will probably install sensors later but that is a future plan. Looking now to do something with communication and ethernet protocol to eventually set up a phone, destination, etc. My question for some guys is what would be some good ideas to possibly incorporate into this thing besides what I mentioned? Any ideas would be welcomed as to what could be implemented on this, can be creative but not to difficult right now.

Last edited:

You can use Zigbee module for wireless link. Its low-power digital radios based on an IEEE 802 standard for personal area networks.

ZigBee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some video presented ideas with Zigbee :

Remote Control Car = Arduino + XBee (Zigbee) + Bluetooth + Android phone - YouTube

Bioloid with ZigBee remote control working! - YouTube

Some ciruits as examples of connecting module to circuit :

RF based Remote control robot - Free 8051 Microcontroller projects

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Reactions: ee1215

ee1215

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
What I was looking for. Thanks.

Is there a certain way or idea you would try at first with this? Anything you would add?

This is a 'go-cart'. I am not positive on the distance but someone would be sitting and using the RC and circle in a parking lot so wouldn't be no more than 100-200 feet away from the laptop OR we would control the cart from a distance, like with most robotics, where you have your connection/laptop/RC and drive the cart from there. I am not sure what type of RC would be used, a wheel or something else. This is just in the design stage right now and we are thinking of ideas to start. Anything can change. Are you thinking something different?

thankyou for the links. Would anything else in mind that can further my research?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back