Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas for my Master Thesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

nearxos

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. i am currently in the process of deciding a topic for my Master thesis. my Master is on Power Systems and i want to work on something that is related to Power Systems involving DSP. but i am out of ideas how to combine these to in my Thesis.

Anybody here more relevant to this field can help me with that. i am not looking from you to give me a Topic but to guide me in the right direction.

Regards.

you can make a design of auto balancing of three phase system loads using DSP.

thanks for the reply. that sounds an interesting topic. if its not much to ask. do you some additional information on this?

as you know, a three phase system should be balanced in load, that is the current consumption at each phase should be approximately the same in the three phases, in order to increase the lifetime of the generaators. this is impossible in the case of single phase lines distribution from three phase system. so there is a need to make an automated system that can switch user's line between phases without cutting off electricity (high speed switching devices) and using the neccesary control algorithm.

i was searching in the area of digital single to three phase converters. anybody got any idea what is involved in this and also if can implement a design on an fpga?

Status
Not open for further replies.