Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas/ design needed for sound system on a childrens bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jez

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey there, I am a carpenter who has built his 3 yr old a truck bed from scratch, 100+ hrs and counting. I want to put a sound system in it that will comprise of 7 input lines from various micro switches placed under pedals etc, I want these switches to in turn give individual sounds ( brakes, air horns, startup from key etc) to which will run to a pair of speakers hidden in the exhaust stacks. As one sound is playing and another is activated the second must be able to override the first, and if a switch is repeatedly pushed the sound must cycle back to the start with each push. The sounds will be between 3 and 5 seconds long and will be in a mp3 format. The truck already is wired for 12 volt to run the extensive lighting circuits already in place so power isn't a issue, he has a small electronic train with several buttons on it that produce individual sounds, is there any way of altering the circuitry to suit my application or is this a case of a brand new design, I have a limited knowledge of electronics so any help or ideas to achieve my goal would be appreciated.

I just saw this device last week. Take a look at it - it doesn't do excactly what you want (5 sounds instead of 7, repeat pressing of same switch will stop/start individual sounds but will override other sounds as you desire) but if you can compromise, it might be a good fit. **broken link removed**

Thanks for the link, looks good though definitely need the seven separate inputs, are they able to be altered? Does any one know a company or individual who is able to make a one off to suit what's required?
Many thanks Jez

Model railroad sets have similar requirements. You might find something in that genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back