Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

idea of lighting system

Status
Not open for further replies.

muizzuddin_afifi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want built the lighting system for my room. but i don't know what kind sensor that i could be use. if i use a motion sensor, it will be problem when more then 1 person come in my room. anyone can suggest a type of sensor or any idea to built this system?

asslam o alikum

well what would be the functionality of this system

what i have understood is that you want that when ever a person is in room lights would be on and else they would be off

there are many sensors that can be used e.g u can count the number of people who enter or leave the room and when entered = left you can switch off the lights
this would be done through either micro controller of simple gate level implemention of digital logic ICs the sensor woud be either IR or the simple LDR used with a light source

another thimg would be that you can make a clap circuit which would switch light on and off on claps simple circuit requires one mic and some transistors

one more way is that you can make an automatic light control system which would change the intensity of light with respect to sroundings for that you would need light intensity sensors but light dependent resistance works fine too

i hope you have got some help

asslam o alikum

asslam o alikum

well what would be the functionality of this system

what i have understood is that you want that when ever a person is in room lights would be on and else they would be off

there are many sensors that can be used e.g u can count the number of people who enter or leave the room and when entered = left you can switch off the lights
this would be done through either micro controller of simple gate level implemention of digital logic ICs the sensor woud be either IR or the simple LDR used with a light source

another thimg would be that you can make a clap circuit which would switch light on and off on claps simple circuit requires one mic and some transistors

one more way is that you can make an automatic light control system which would change the intensity of light with respect to sroundings for that you would need light intensity sensors but light dependent resistance works fine too

i hope you have got some help

asslam o alikum

count the number of people? did u mean that i mean put 2 sensor? or i`m wrong.
for the clap sensor i thing i will be helpful.

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

Go for Passive infrared sensor (PIR) wellknown as human or Motion detection sensors. You can google it for more info on the sensors and related circuitary...

i already used this sensor. but have problem when i'm not moving then the lamp automatic off.
then i change the location sensor and put it face to door. i program that when first time dectect the lamp will be open and for second dectection the lamp will be close. now i dont have any idea to improve my system if more than 1 person came to my room.

So your trying to develop an system were the lights are switched OFF in the absence of HUMANS ??? am I right ???..

Motion sensor, reset a 5 min timer. If time is elapsed the lights go off then. So when there is movement even once in 5 min time, the lights will remain on. Problem is only when you are sleeping deep and not moving often.

it is quite easy just place two sensor(lazer should do the trick ) sensors on the door with a gap of 1 fot or 1/3 meters and simply create a logic that would count(add 1 to the count of existing people) a persons entrance if the out side sensor light is cut and then the inwards and subratct 1 from the count of existing people when the inward sensor light is cut first so when ever the count is 0 the lights shoul be off and when ever the ont is zero the lights are off

but there is a simple problem with circuit that it would not register if some one is asleep or not but that again this kind of circuit will also switch off the light when no one is moving

i hope i helped
asslamo alikum

it is quite easy just place two sensor(lazer should do the trick ) sensors on the door with a gap of 1 fot or 1/3 meters and simply create a logic that would count(add 1 to the count of existing people) a persons entrance if the out side sensor light is cut and then the inwards and subratct 1 from the count of existing people when the inward sensor light is cut first so when ever the count is 0 the lights shoul be off and when ever the ont is zero the lights are off

but there is a simple problem with circuit that it would not register if some one is asleep or not but that again this kind of circuit will also switch off the light when no one is moving

i hope i helped
asslamo alikum

i also think same thing with u. i think it ok if sensor cannot automatic off the lamp when i fell a sleep. tq for all for your help. but if u still have a great idea u also can share. maybe i can make some changing with my current system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back