Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Idea for VLSI EDA project ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avi86

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all..

I'm new here and I'm looking for an idea for a project in VLSI EDA for my final term in college.
Namely, an algorithm or a CAD tool that I can implement in, say, Python, but any other idea can help me a lot too.

Any ideas? :)

Thanks!

PERL platform is good for any EDA tool.

EDA tool project cant be developed in 6-8 months. What you can do is , write a wrapper around any tool to get the automated results to help designers/verif engineers.

For ex , If you consider, DC as your EDA tool. DC will generate the timing reports. Assume you have 250 clocks in the design. DC will write out each one path group , there will be one wrost timing path report. Generate the histograms, Spreadsheet analysis and better QOR reports etc. The same technique need to extend to Other signoff tools in the same tool suite.

If you are interstead, we can discuss further. You need to be perl expert for this.

Reactions: sxlwzl

sxlwzl

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back