Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ic5141:Calculator using coordinates of markers as variables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixaloybas

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
unknown scalar data type: nil

Hi everybody!

In ic5141 usr5 wavescan waveform tool we can create markers and define labels for them as the following %M(%X, %Y). %X and %Y are the x, y coordinates of the marker. (This could be something like M0(0.1, 2.3) )

Apart from %X and %Y format strings there is also the %E for the result of a scalar Expression.

The problem I face is that I cannot find the way to reference the coordinates of markers in the arithmetic scalar expressions.
For example I would like to place two markers on a IV parametric plot of a MOS, and have some expressions like R=(ymax-ymin)/(xmax-xmin) evaluated on the fly and displayed on a label.

I tried a lot without success. All of the following do not work: %X, M0.x, M0.X, M0.%X, graph1.marker0, graph1.marker0.x, graph1.marker0.X
and many others I cant remember now. The message is usually
"- Warning -
<COM.cadence.awd.graph.GraphManager@1b7a553>
ERROR : ("eval" 0 t nil ("*Error* eval: unbound variable" X))"
or
"- Warning -
<COM.cadence.awd.graph.GraphManager@1b7a553>
Unknown scalar data type: nil"

I checked the anasimhelp.pdf, wavescan user guide, ocean reference, but there is nothing about accessing the coordinates of markers and using them in calculator expressions or labels in the waveform tool.

This kind of post processing is very easily done in ADS, where every marker is a variable. So, I believe it is also possible in ic5141, probably I simply haven't found it yet...

Has anybody else faced this problem? Any solutions?

Any reply is welcome,
Thank you in advance!
mixaloybas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back