Status
Not open for further replies.

--BawA--

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am using a dspic33 series ic , which is of 44 pin count , this ic comes in package like TQFP-44 , QFN. i want to use socket in my pcb board ,so that i can easily replace the ic , so is there any socket present for these packages?

This one is ok for you?

i am using a dspic33 series ic , which is of 44 pin count , this ic comes in package like TQFP-44 , QFN. i want to use socket in my pcb board ,so that i can easily replace the ic , so is there any socket present for these packages?

The socket shown in post #3 is a PLCC type, no suited for TQFP package. PLCC sockets, both through-plated and SMD, have been often used for EPROMS and are of course still available.

For TQFP, QFN and similar packages, only relative expensive test and programming sockets (see post #2) are available. The most problematic point in my view is their huge size which requires to design a PCB specifically for test socket usage. A possible option to change ICs quickly would be a header board, e.g. a Microchip PIM module from the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…