Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i want to modify the source of BIOS either flash or eeprom

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisoleimani

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to change or modify the source code bios and add a program in it in order to bios do a subroutine.
for example a minimum system just with cpu,mainboard and ram (without hdd or fdd) do something for example control a machine is it possible or no?

Re: i want to modify the source of BIOS either flash or eepr

Yes you can .. you can change the BIOS . But i will advice to first copy the original ..and then use a simulator . I wrote BIOSES in the past
I used a product called VISUAL probe form BEACON development tools .
I don't know if they are still around.. This tools is basically a PC simulator .. it Emulates the HARDWARE of a typical PC 486/586. There are NO TYPICAL PCS any more , each PC model has hundreds of CONFIGURATION registers for a particular CHIPSET ..
so every BIOS is TAILORED to configure those REGISTERS.. If you don't have the SOURCE of the BIOS .. you need the DATA SHEET of the chip set ...

I think that you don't need to remove stuff from the BIOS . you need a BIOS EXTENSION .. Bios EXTENSIONS can be added in different address spaces .. One is the NETWORK BOOT . another is the HARDRIVE BOOT .
disable THOSE areas in the BIOS and REMAP your OWN BIOS CODE ..!

i just found the beacon web site :
http://www.beaconsuite.com/

Re: i want to modify the source of BIOS either flash or eepr

Hi

You also can use flahdsik or disk on chip of few Mb to ...
they avaliable to connection to the ide and some board have also
a special location from them.

You can see components from m-system : www.m-sys.com

Best regards. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back