Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to know much in detail about frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

iVenki

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does each letter that a particular person pronounce has a particular frequency?

If you can't understand my question tell me.

Thanks in advance.:-D

yes, defenetly. Each word has own frequency for differnet person.

yes. each person has his own voice frequency pattern and that's the point you can recognize people from their speaking tonality

It is more than just a frequency though, it is a spectrum of frequencies and amplitudes which change in time over the duration of the letter.

Brian.

voice signal is not a single frequency and single amplitude. It consist of a range of frequencies . But in female voice, the maximum and minimum of the spectrum(for a particular letter) will be little bit shifted towards higher frequency region than in case of a male.
U can hear a single frequency tone by connecting a speaker at a sinewave output of a function generator(connect a 1uF capacitor in series) at a fixed frequency. But if u add a sinewave of one frequency with another sinewave of different frequency then u could feel the difference.

FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING, just download this java applet

Digital Filters Applet

https://www.falstad.com/dfilter/dfilter.zip

(JAVA RUNTIME ENVIRONMENT must be installed before using below software)

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Its really an interesting application . Don't miss it...

Reactions: iVenki

iVenki

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@venki
Got solution to your question?///////////

Status
Not open for further replies.