Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want hex file from PC to 8051 IC(hard core).

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeep_sggs

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PC and 8051

i want to sent one hex file from PC to 8051 IC(hard core). Can anyboby suggest me any windows based utility for the same......

thanx in advance.................................................

Re: PC and 8051

What is the exact part number? Who is teh vendor? The 8051 from philips can be programmed by using flash magic

i know about the 8051 programmeres........Actually i don't want to program it.....say for example i want to send a text file over serial link from pc to 8051......Is there any utility for this propose.......file should be transfered only after some trigger is applied..

thanx for reply..

I assume that you know how to communicate between the PC and the 8051? If yes then the easy way to do what you want is to create a packet of data. This can be very simple... choose 2 values that will never be in your text file. Make one the start character and one the end character. eg. ~this is text# Now when your program finds the ~ it knows that the next byte is the start of text and the # is the end. You could make it more fool proof by adding a length of data field and a simple check sum.

Status
Not open for further replies.