I want hex file from PC to 8051 IC(hard core).

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeep_sggs

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PC and 8051

i want to sent one hex file from PC to 8051 IC(hard core). Can anyboby suggest me any windows based utility for the same......

thanx in advance.................................................

Re: PC and 8051

What is the exact part number? Who is teh vendor? The 8051 from philips can be programmed by using flash magic

i know about the 8051 programmeres........Actually i don't want to program it.....say for example i want to send a text file over serial link from pc to 8051......Is there any utility for this propose.......file should be transfered only after some trigger is applied..

thanx for reply..

I assume that you know how to communicate between the PC and the 8051? If yes then the easy way to do what you want is to create a packet of data. This can be very simple... choose 2 values that will never be in your text file. Make one the start character and one the end character. eg. ~this is text# Now when your program finds the ~ it knows that the next byte is the start of text and the # is the end. You could make it more fool proof by adding a length of data field and a simple check sum.

Status
Not open for further replies.