Status
Not open for further replies.

0killingsoul0

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am making a excercise treadmill. I am using 8051 microcontroller. I need a way to make my 8051 remember the last speed selected. Try to give a simple solution!! . No rocket science Its just a treadmill so dont take it serious.

Re: Biggest microcontroller Controversy!!@@ I want 8051 to remember something privat

You should consider working in a magazine writing article titles. :shock:
Your title was so dramatic that I was curious to see what was this about and then the content of the post was quite normal... I was disappointed :roll:

Alex

Re: Biggest microcontroller Controversy!!@@ I want 8051 to remember something privat

You should consider working in a magazine writing article titles. :shock:
Your title was so dramatic that I was curious to see what was this about and then the content of the post was quite normal... I was disappointed :roll:

Alex

lol. This is called marketing . So what do you suggest?

Battery backup and low power mode is the easiest and viable solution as I understand.

A serial eeprom is smaller and more durable than a battery. You'll need to spend some lines of code for an I2C or SPI/microwire interface however.

A serial eeprom is smaller and more durable than a battery. You'll need to spend some lines of code for an I2C or SPI/microwire interface however.

Sounds good. I never opened my treadmill to change battery :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.