Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I really need your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiconductor

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lm567 ne555 ir sensor

I'm working on my own project: automatic tap. When we put your hands in the sink, the tap automatically turns on and the water flows. One of my goals is that, sensor is as cheap as possible. So I decided to use IR sensor (the cheapest way!!!).

- The IR sensor comprises 2 modules: The transmitter and The receiver. When I designed the transmitter, I wanted to send our modulated signal to make the information signal immune from noise. The carrier signal frequency is 40 kHz and the significant signal frequency is 40 Hz. To modulate the signal, I used 2 IC NE555s, the first one produces a signal at frequency of 40 Hz and the second one produces a signal at frequency of 40 kHz (pin 3 of one is connected to pin 4 of the other).

But I'm in trouble. At the receiver, I want to use IC (3 pins) SFH-506. But I do not know how it work (When it receives the signal from the transmitter, What is the shape of signal at the output of SFH506? a pulse or a line? etc.).
One of my friends recommend me to use LM567, a tone decoder, The output of SFH is connected to the pin 3 of LM567. Exactly, I don't know why to connect like that. And also, I do not know how it work too (plz, do not laugh, I'm just a novice).

By the way, I've heard about solenoid valve. I have to use it to open the tape electrically to make the water flow. I have'nt seen it. Can some one give me some links to it. And explain to me how it work!

Can some one help me explain how SFH506 and LM567 work?
Can you introduce me some circuits that related to or useful to me and my project.

Thank you in advance!
Peter!

fetlington

Hi semiconductor

You just receive a 40Hz square wave at out pot pin of SFH 506 because IR receiver SFH 506 demodulated the received signal (40 kHz carrier).

sfh506

Hello,
Download the datasheet of the lm567 on the national semiconductor web site.
www.national com and look at the applications circuits. You can find all the formulas for the externals components of the LM567.
Also you can find many schematic on the web.

CD :)

lm567 external clock

I can recomend that LM567 or LMC567 are very frecuency stable, but NE555 is not stable at all, you will have trouble in calibrate both, cause NE555 will move from it's central frecuency.

Use the same LM567 to generate the 40Khz frecuency to modulate your 40Hz signal, it's good for it, and it's stable.

modulate infrared sensor lm567.

my adive is to use a square pickup on the top of the tap

or simply connect an amplifier to the sink
when you go near it you will get hummmmmmmm
recify the hum

or use a single fetlington

{1000 fet array in a to220 gain set to 10,00,000 to switch the tap} you dont even need an amp just a single device

oscillators and etc are a waist of money and over complicate things
using pickup like this is a better way

if you dont like that idea
then a good one is simply to add a small tuned circuit set to a becon frequency finaly when the person touches the sink of a resonable size {you can alter it to stop any false triggers } it will turn the tap on

So I decided to use IR sensor (the cheapest way!!!).

people do things like rap there old chewing gum up and sick it to the ir {very handy for an overflowen sink and lots of mess}

better is a sink that knows someone is there then knows the person wants that tap

lm567 applications

Why not use PIC12C508 (8-pin) DIP uController from microchip and save yourself the hassle ! ! !

formulas para lm567

I will suggest to use a cpu . also go for a tiny cygnal f303 no external clock source needed and is 25 mips of power AT YOUR HANDS . They are less tha a dollar and also have a PCA . and a comparator so you will be able to implement a signal generator without cpu involment .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back