Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I only have the library (from the picture) for my Hspice. Should I use another library for designs operating in subthreshold i.e (0.4V to 1V)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmonday

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is this library okay to use for subthreshold simulations? Or Should I use other libraries? Since the supply for that library is using the 1.8V/3.3V which is the standard supply.
The library is made by TSMC.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 108

Your question is very vague. "subthreshold simulations" don't say much about what you want to do. So we can only assume what you mean.
1.8/3.3V is the nominal VDD. You can use the elements of the library at any VDD (up to the nominal value) you want.

Your question is very vague. "subthreshold simulations" don't say much about what you want to do. So we can only assume what you mean.
1.8/3.3V is the nominal VDD. You can use the elements of the library at any VDD (up to the nominal value) you want.
What I meant was that Can I use the TSMC 0.18um at 1.8/3.3V for Subthreshold Design operating and 0.4V to 0.9V

You should look at the next layer - what VT options are
there, can you do everything you need to with a (say)
BVdss=1.8V, VT=0.4-0.6V device? I'd suspect that things
like output drive and input-output delay would not be
very good or consistent when VT variability straddles
the nominal supply (or vice versa).

Could you do "something in subthreshold"? Probably.
Whether you can do what's assigned, you will find
out by applying some engineering effort to what
data / models you can get. Starting with what's in
hand, and what you can find out about model
quality ("digital" transistors' SPICE / Spectre models
may be given short shrift in "edgy analog" - like RF,
subthreshold, nonlinearities, leakage away from
Vgs=0, etc. aspects).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com