Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to replacement of relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragav4456

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need to replace the relay in our application.

Our application is 2min interval On 24VDC and Off the 24VDC supply, continuously on and off 2000 times/per day.

Now,I am used PIC16f877 IC and relay for switching purpose. Give me any suggestions?

Thanks
Parthiban R

what is the current rating ???

the replacement is probably a transistor (mosfet or BJT)

take a look at ST low side and high side switches which contain a transistor and all protection and driver circuitry built in.

hope that helps

If all the PIC does is time 2 minute intervals you are wasting it's capabilities. You can do the same thing with a 555 timer.
As pointed out, the type of relay depends very much on the current it has to switch and the kind of load you are turning on and off.

Brian.

Thanks

Our application is switch on and off 5Watt 24vdc solenoid valve in time interval 2min (continuously Per day 20000 times on & off).

any one suggest me a transistor or mosfet?

I would use a 555 timer IC (very inexpensive) set as a 2 minute astable oscillator with near 50% duty ratio, feeding a bipolar power transistor (BD131 or similar) with the solenoid in it's collector side. The current will be fairly low at only about 0.2A so there is little point in making a more complicated driver circuit. A diode should be wired across the solenoid to trap back EMF and protect the transistor.

Total cost should be less than $1 US or about 60 rupees.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back