Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to add an acceleration control for an 18vdc motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomKroscavage

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a **broken link removed** with a PM 24 VDC 1A 420 RPM 10.2:1 gear-motor. This spoolgun has a speed control built into the handle. Normally the spoolgun uses a **broken link removed** that is a simple 24vdc supply, but features a board-mounted potentiometer that can alter motor acceleration rate to optimize arc starting. the WC-24 will not work on my application. I bought this**broken link removed**. I need to slow down the wire feed until the weld area heats up

How do I add an acceleration control to this power supply?

Re: I need to add an acceleration control for an 18vdc motor

Acceleration sounds very serious, I hope you are talking about speed control ..
Assuming that you already have 24V power supply, how about adding Pulse-Width-Modulation (PWM) controller ..
One of the simplest circuits of this kind can be build around 555-timer that drives a power MOSFET ..
Here is an example:
**broken link removed**

Rgds,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back