Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need knowledge regarding solar panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnjbtr

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
now a day i am installing solar panel which i purchased from market.
solar panel total wattage are 120(watts),and 24volts.
but when i observe during charging of battery with solar panel amps are only 2.5A.
When i change direction of panel to direct sun amps increased to 3.5 at that time volts were 28.
It means 28*3.5=98 watts.
plz suggest how can i get total 120 watts from solar panel.

Try varying the load resistance and measuring the power. Solar panels have a maximum power point for a given illumination. If you don't adjust the load so the panel works at that point then you will have less than optimal output power.

Keith

I think 120 watts is produced in ideal condition in labs, may not be possible in realtime.

I think 120 watts is produced in ideal condition in labs, may not be possible in realtime.
Yes i do agree with this statement. May be theoritically calculated but not upto the level when practically implimented.
Cheers

Try placing above the atmosphere8) or use something like this panel optimization maximum power point (MPPT) technology such as Keith alluded to: **broken link removed**. You know that sales people sometimes lie about the capabilities of their products, don't you.8-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back