Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help with Wireless USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

rina_1220

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all. I need to think of a final project for college but I'm still not sure of what to do. I was suggested to do a "wireless USB cable" in order to connect standard USB devices to the computer via the USB connector, but to transmit data wirelessly.
Like this: I plug and adapter to my computer and another part on the device, where I'd plug the cable and then the computer would recognize the connected device immediately, just as it is with the cable, but with no wires.
Does any one have any suggestions on how to do that?
I think that the principles might be similar to the ones used in cordless mouses and keyboards but I'm not sure.
If anyone knows how to do it, please, give me some hints!
thanks

Maybe you can use wireless modules to finish this function. Pls visit www.mcurf.com to get wm2500s 's relative files. BTW, I will design the suit before May this year.

Thank you for your reply.
I have changed my mind about the project. I'm still working with wireless communication, but now with another purpose. Maybe that url can help me later on.:D

i guess your idea about the similarity with wireless mouse is right but wireless mouse uses just simple limitted type of data to the reciever however u need a ful data transmitter and reciever with enoufh speed and noise reduction

is wireless usb similar to ZigBee? Does it support mesh networks?

cordless mouse or keyboard does not obey USB protocol.
They make some changes in the protocol stack and transmit the data wirelessly.
USB supports multi-level star topology.

Hi,

You can use BlueTooth protocol for your requirements.

Regards,

N. Muralidhara

CRL-BEL

Status
Not open for further replies.