Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help with (AC - Automatic Voltage Regulator) troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mryemeni

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys, I have an "AC - Automatic Voltage Regulator" that had been behaving oddly, when connecting more than one device it's relays go crazy, when connecting one or two devices it doesn't do that!
I open it up and found a blown electrolytic capacitor, it's so damaged that I couldn't recognize it's value, what should I do?

Another thing I don't know how this circuit works can you provide me with links that describe how it regulates AC voltage.

Thanks in advance.

These cheap Chinese stabilizers are sold with many private brand names like KEBO, JEENDA, and bought for around $25 in 300 qty off Alibaba.

Try to read the cap beside it (Low ESR)

Read something like 100uF 12V then match specs in capacitor maker site. **broken link removed**re TBOR.

If you have DMM you can read the DC and AC voltage and check polarity of each terminal,the use the largest cap available in this size, for 105''C rating,at next higher voltage rating. Order 2.

- match colour of sleeve with TBOR website under Products , it appears to be the bi-polar type electrolytic based on colour and 105'C rating.

- - - Updated - - -

You can estimate value from Voltage measurement and choosing higher rating and exact case size in [mm] for diameter x height . e.g. Looks like 6.3x11 , a std size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back