Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help in HFSS, problem with patch antenna simulation results

Status
Not open for further replies.

engsamir

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,
i designed a replica of patch antenna in HFSs and am trying to match the simulation results with the network analyzer results from the real antenna. Currently the results i get from HFSS simulation are totally different and are not making any sense, to me at least. lol
i mean i know it wont be exactly the same but it should be similar. At this point am not bothered about the performance of the antenna i just want to make sure that what i am simulating is actually correct.
I am really new to HFSS , so am not sure if i am doing something wrong in design or in analyses stage.

antenna information:
- frequency range: (800Mhz- 1Ghz).
- solution frequency: 866Mhz

*results from network analyzer , from the actual antenna (S11@866Mhz):

Log Magnitude = 5.27 dB
VSWR = 3.38
Impedance @868 MHz = 19.05 + 25.88i

Here is the link to the simulation files and the actual antenna:
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/286003/

I hope someone can help me out and tell me what am i missing or doing wrong, and tell me how to fix it :) .

Thank you

please can someone help me .

thank you

hi,
am not sure if i can , i am new to HFSS my self .lol
but anyway , what is your problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.