Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need free tools for VHDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altafhal

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends
i am new to Verilog and need some free tools for verilog
i got Model Sim student edition and aslo study its getting started manual but when i compile a code it give me compile errors.
I need some other tools
Thanks

You can try RobustVerilog, it is free and it allows code automation for all kinds of designs.

You can get it here:
**broken link removed**

Download xilinx ISE webpack version. Its free and I think easy for newbies.
You can also check out modelsim student edition which is free but have some limitations. But should be ok, unless you go for very large designs.

Note that th bin file size will be around 3 GB for xilinx software. so if you dont have a good internet connection then look for some other simulators.

Please make your titles appropriate to your posts. You put a title of VHDL, but you ask for Verilog.

Hello All

Do u have a link where I can download a HLS tool? I need a tool that takes a C or matlab file and transfers it to vhdl.
I already tried the HDL in Simulink of Matlab but it doesn't support many of functions so I need another tool, any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello All

Do u have a link where I can download a HLS tool? I need a tool that takes a C or matlab file and transfers it to vhdl.
I already tried the HDL in Simulink of Matlab but it doesn't support many of functions so I need another tool, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.