Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need current amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossam abdo

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dears

I want to design a circuit for lighting 150 high power led through NE555 and battery is 9v
but 150 led are more so i need current amplifier
2-18-2012 11-56-48 AM.jpg

thanks in advance

More details how to connect the LEDs and bipolar transistor:

Attachments

• Example LEDs.JPG
    Example LEDs.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 70

i can use an AC-DC adaptor
voltage range: 1.5v,3v,4.5,6,9,12
and the maximum current range is 1000mA

is this available to light 150 high power led
(the leds are connected in parallel without any resistance connected to it)

That’s not a very good idea connecting all the LEDs in parallel (especially without any resistors :shock: ).

Let’s suppose you may provide for each LED external current limitation at 20mA, in this case for 150 LEDs we need to supply a total of 150 x 20 mA= 3000mA = 3A.

If we combine 150 LEDs in strings of 3 LEDs, we obtain a total of 50 strings, each LED in string share the same current, so there’s a need only for 50 x 20 mA = 1000mA= 1A, three time less than the parallel connection. :cool:

Attachments

• 150 LEDs.gif
    150 LEDs.gif
    58.6 KB · Views: 73

That’s not a very good idea connecting all the LEDs in parallel (especially without any resistors :shock: ).

Let’s suppose you may provide for each LED external current limitation at 20mA, in this case for 150 LEDs we need to supply a total of 150 x 20 mA= 3000mA = 3A.

If we combine 150 LEDs in strings of 3 LEDs, we obtain a total of 50 strings, each LED in string share the same current, so there’s a need only for 50 x 20 mA = 1000mA= 1A, three time less than the parallel connection. :cool:

but what i think about for , if any led is burnt out , does not affect the remain led.
in your schematic if one led from the string failed, all the leds through the string do not work

In a proper circuit, keeping the current/voltage to the normal settings, expected LEDs lifetimes are 25,000 up to 100,000 hours, so don’t worry, no LEDs failure for the next years… :)

See the diagram I have already attached, there the NPN transistor is acting as a current amplifier.

Hi dear
you can't turn on your all of your leds at one time because the battery be empty!
but you can turn on for example 10 led together . the circuit of mr.mister_rf is true but you must not turn on all of the leds at one time.

Best wishes
Green tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back