Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need advice on Step-up tranformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorro23

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I like to finish my project because I stock on this. I have a power sourse of

12 V AC @ 60Hz input, but I need to increse the voltage to 115 V AC, increase the wattge to 8000 watts Output, but with a transformer, I research with diffrent option and this option it looks more better and if so I like to know about the price, where can I get it. etc.

I need a big help
thanks in advance to all zorro23

What you are wanting is not practical. No step-up circuit can increase the power(wattage). For 8000W output you must have at least 8000W input assuming a perfectly efficient circuit. At 12V this would required an input current of many hundreds of amps. Don't know anywhere that could provide that power or any transformer that could achieve that.

The only practical means of delivering this power without a mains supply would be a gas generator.

hi dear,

for what purpose you want to use your circuit

It seems the poster wants to run his complete home from a 12 V source. See

Yes, It is true but this time I am asking for a tranformer and this could be other option.

Status
Not open for further replies.