Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need advice for my graduate Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jy02927731

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need advice for my graduate Project -- data hiding .

i will start to do it in the next term. The lab i joined is about security .so the professor suggest me to do 1)Image Watermark 2)image data hiding 3)as i like

i have some problem:
1)is Watermark falled behind
2)is it feasible to hide a file in a image
3)do u have any "as i like" suggest to me
4)which do u think it is better for my afterward master degree?

hopefully , sharing your experiencement will give me a large support !!!! THX

pick whichever interests you the most. They are both very doable. Neither of them is better/worse for getting you a into a post grad degree or job.

thank you , i guess i will take "image data hiding " for my graduate project .but i dont begin to do it .because this term have many hard projects .
until february , i need advice

as for me, i prefer image data hiding.. watermark is comman nowdays.. however for data hiding a.k.a steganography, its rare

jy02927731 said:
thank you , i guess i will take "image data hiding " for my graduate project .but i dont begin to do it .because this term have many hard projects .
until february , i need advice

Hi,

check these links and you can download source code as well.

Hiding data in an image
Distortionless Data Hiding Based on Integer Wavelet Transform
Recovering data hidden in an image
Chapter 7 Data Hiding for Image Authentication

I upload this book chapter here also (it is freely available in above web)

And also take look following articles from IEEE

If your University has a access to IEEE Papers then find below articles from IEEE

Data hiding in image and video .I. Fundamental issues and solutions
Article Information

Data hiding in image and video .I. Fundamental issues and solutions
Min Wu; Bede Liu
Image Processing, IEEE Transactions on
Volume 12, Issue 6, June 2003 Page(s): 685 - 695
Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/TIP.2003.810588
Summary: We address a number of fundamental issues of data hiding in image and video and propose general solutions to them. We begin with a review of two major types of embedding, based on which we propose a new multilevel embedding framework to allow the amount of extractable data to be adaptive according to the actual noise condition. We then study the issues of hiding multiple bits through a comparison of various modulation and multiplexing techniques. Finally, the nonstationary nature of visual signals leads to highly uneven distribution of embedding capacity and causes difficulty in data hiding. We propose an adaptive solution switching between using constant embedding rate with shuffling and using variable embedding rate with embedded control bits. We verify the effectiveness of our proposed solutions through analysis and simulation.

Data hiding in image and video .II. Designs and applications
Article Information

Data hiding in image and video .II. Designs and applications
Min Wu; Yu, H.; Bede Liu
Image Processing, IEEE Transactions on
Volume 12, Issue 6, June 2003 Page(s): 696 - 705
Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/TIP.2003.810589
Summary: For pt. I see ibid., vol.12, no.6, p.685-95 (2003). This paper applies the solutions to the fundamental issues addressed in Part I to specific design problems of embedding data in image and video. We apply multilevel embedding to allow the amount of embedded information that can be reliably extracted to be adaptive with respect to the actual noise conditions. When extending the multilevel embedding to video, we propose strategies for handling uneven embedding capacity from region to region within a frame as well as from frame to frame. We also embed control information to facilitate the accurate extraction of the user data payload and to combat such distortions as frame jitter. The proposed algorithm can be used for a variety of applications such as copy control, access control, robust annotation, and content-based authentication.

A VQ-based image-in-image data hiding scheme
A VQ-based image-in-image data hiding scheme
Feng-Hsing Wang Jeng-Shyang Pan Jain, L.C. Hsiang-Cheh Huang
Sch. of Electr. & Inf. Eng., South Australia Univ., SA, Australia;

Abstract
Vector quantization (VQ)-based data hiding and watermarking techniques form a newly developed branch in the digital watermarking research field. We propose a novel watermarking scheme for image-in-image data hiding based on VQ. Unlike existing schemes in the literature for embedding a binary watermark into the original image with VQ, we present an efficient and secure algorithm for embedding a gray-level watermark into the original. The offered scheme is robust to attacks such as VQ compression and JPEG compression. Moreover, it greatly expands the capacity of the watermarking system. Experimental results demonstrate the superiority of our scheme in watermark robustness and watermark capacity. The results also prove the effectiveness of our proposed schemes in VQ-based image-in-image data hiding.

hope this helps

regards
bassa

Status
Not open for further replies.