Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a book that explains Computer Architecture at low level

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixofdynamism

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wish to know how the logic gates and flip flops and even transistors are combined to make the I/O Bus, how the watchdog timer is made, how the ALU is built, how the RAM is built, how the memory (ROM for program) is built and and how it does the read/write cycle within the device and also using CSnot, RDnot, WRnot from outside the device. I wish to have a >low-level< look at things.

Do you know of any book that explains things this way?

I think good book is Digital Fundamentals (10th Edition) by Thomas L. Floyd (Mar 29, 2008) I have another his book Digital Fundamentals with VHDL. I can say his books are very good.
What reader from Amazon says:
When I took digital design class, I struggled to find a book that is easy to understand. I tried to read several books, including Roth's book, all of them are hard to understand. Thankfully I bought Floyd's book and his book is the best digital design book I have ever read so far.
1.) It has lots of colorful diagram that clearly illustrate the topics in each chapter.
2.) Each topic has its own exercises, and each exercises has solutions provided at the end of each chapter. Doing the exercises improves my understanding of the subject.
3.) Lots of examples in each topic. If you read and understand the examples, you can do the exercises.
4.) It covers some digital technology, including the PLD.
5.) Once you finish reading this book, you will be ready to read advanced digital design book.
Good job Mr. Floyd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back