Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have some question in MWO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackie1116

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a circuit that have input port and output port,and i hope the port is (a+jB)
impedance not 50ohm(real) impedance,i don't know how can i do?

thanks!

PS : i use microwave office 2002

I cannot use complex impedance on port under MWO 2002.

try to use @DS, it works.

if use MWO 2003 or above 2003, can it solve my problem?

The@DS, you mean ADS software?

also with newer versions of MWO you cannot use complex impedance ports.
You can use ANSOFT DESIGNER. The student version is downloadble in the company web site.

regards,

midnite

Hi jackie,

Its very simple, define port impedence as variable ex : Z then
write a equation Z =A+jB with A=50 & B=0.5, etc....
You can use any version of Microwave Office...find attached ann example on the above...

---manju---

thank a lot! but this complex impedance are include 3 inductor and 2 captance,shall i transfer this equal
impedance ,first ? then use the way that you offer

I ever use one way, that is creat a new circuit,then use portin module and this portin's impedance is a
complex value, but it is not accuracy.

Hello jackie,

You mean to say you want a network/circuit terminated port...
Then select from The MWO Eleements -> Ports -> Network Terminated Circuit Port: PORT_TN;

This is a passive circuit termination that applies a load specified as the port NP of the schematic named in NET. The port number P is set automatically.

I modified the same circuit to sow this capability in MWO...
Where I created Microstrip With Circuit Port Schematic with Lumped Circuit Port Termination as per your rquirement...
Hope this helps

---manju---

Very thanks a lot!

Attached file is my circuit. file complex port is a complex impedance R+(R//C)==>
270+(750//150nF),and i created a new circuit (complex port) than used portin module to my circuit, but S21 and S11 is not accurate,so i don't know what is the best way to solved my problem .

And in your reply, you mean that the portin module is a terminate impedance,so
i can't use this way to my circuit ,doesn't it?

Pls offer your opinion!

thanks!

Hi, have you any experience in simulating antennas on MWO 2004??

Thanks

maudape

jackie1116 said:
thank a lot! but this complex impedance are include 3 inductor and 2 captance,shall i transfer this equal
impedance ,first ? then use the way that you offer

I ever use one way, that is creat a new circuit,then use portin module and this portin's impedance is a
complex value, but it is not accuracy.

Is it Planar Patch Antenna then, Yes...Send me the DXF file with the substrate parameters...I will help you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back