Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i have a question about Microwave Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorfan2010

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now i am a freshman starting the major of antenna for my Master degree. About the textbook named microwave engineering I know it is a classic one which we have to learn it and master that! So everyday i read this book recently and sometimes I was very confused because the other classmates were designing some antenna by CST not finishing reading this book and just checking some information if they met some problem. By reading this book I really know much about microwave but I cannot design an antenna although it was very basic such as microstrip antenna by CST. So I wonder and confuse if I fit for studying this direction. Why did others can make that but I cannot. And in my mind I hope I can read most of the chapters about this great book and then start to make some antenna. But maybe at that time I also did not know how to do! So I write this in the website and please help me and show me a good way to study! I am so stupid sometimes. If the thread is not fit here, administer can delete it. Thank you very much!

So, you're complaining why other people work, and not you ?
Experimenting is the best way to learn, only the basis are in the books.
So if you still read books, fine, but you cannot really "face" the problem.
Engineering is a matter of skill, but also tricks: use your brain, think, ask other people and test by yourself !

Good luck for your new life ;)

So, you complain that some classmates use CST without reading a MW Engineering Book?
Even worst, I had classmates that were driving without a license.

Hello,

I would like to recommend you my own way.
Become a radio amateur. Radio amateurs are enthusiasts in learning new and difficult things, and they like making things by own hands. In my experience I could not learn a lot of things any better way.
Use books, textbooks, Internet and anything to learn more. The best advice I receiver from my tutor was "Go and read something"! I did, and I earned my Ph.D. in radio-telescope technology many years ago.

Try doing the most you can now, do not wait, and do not expect any school can help you. You are the one who should do anything to educate and teach yourself.
Good luck!

Reactions: cnm

cnm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank you very much i think i know how to do `~thank you~~~

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

so we have to have a licence and then drive a car~~~yeah?~~~thank you ~~

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

thank you very much senior~~i see your words many times and remember in my heart!

Hello,
During my masters Degree I was also confused. Now I'm working as an antenna designer in a huge company. What I learned is that the books can give you the theory and the background about how to analyze and to understand an Electromagnetic problem. What I advise you, is to work on an electromagnetic simulator like CST or HFSS to learn first of all how to design a structure. Use the books to have some rules or formulas to design the structures. Try always to design structures that you have the results by an IEEE paper or measured structures in you university (or CST examples), in order to compare your simulation with the results. Try also to have some detailed benchmarks on CST or HFSS. Once you learned how to use an electromagnetic software, you can use the books to get ideas of structures or to understand what is the mode or the phenomena that you have in your simulated structure. Don't be afraid, go step by step. I can tell you that I'm an antenna designer since 2003, and I'm learning every day something new. So If you are motivated, you will success.
Don't hesitate to ask questions. I can help you.

yeah thanks everyone here after half a year, i gradually solved my problems~~thanka here ~~

Hi victorfan,
so, what have u done? Can u share with us? Maybe u did something different method to drive a car.

cheers

A different method could be to hire a driver...

hi, kezambo,thank you for your joke~~~and after more than half a year, i studied the textbook "microwave engineering" from Pozar, and "microstrip firlters" from Jia Sheng Hong~~~~based on the general contents as my basic backgrond, i did some research about BPF~~~Using ADS CST and Matlab at the same time to analysis the process~~~~~but my professor said now my reserch topic is very low level~~~in that the structure of the filter now i did is not very complex~~~so sometimes i am also very confused,~~~how and when can i get my master degree~~~

thanks, above all those are what i want to said~~

thanks~~
Hi victorfan,
so, what have u done? Can u share with us? Maybe u did something different method to drive a car.

cheers

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

thank you for you words really~~~

and half a year later, now i did something as you advise to me~~~~

but the level is also very low~~

my dream is studying abroad for my doctor degree~~a~~~~~so very difficult for me

but thanks a lot, NEMO25

Hello,
During my masters Degree I was also confused. Now I'm working as an antenna designer in a huge company. What I learned is that the books can give you the theory and the background about how to analyze and to understand an Electromagnetic problem. What I advise you, is to work on an electromagnetic simulator like CST or HFSS to learn first of all how to design a structure. Use the books to have some rules or formulas to design the structures. Try always to design structures that you have the results by an IEEE paper or measured structures in you university (or CST examples), in order to compare your simulation with the results. Try also to have some detailed benchmarks on CST or HFSS. Once you learned how to use an electromagnetic software, you can use the books to get ideas of structures or to understand what is the mode or the phenomena that you have in your simulated structure. Don't be afraid, go step by step. I can tell you that I'm an antenna designer since 2003, and I'm learning every day something new. So If you are motivated, you will success.
Don't hesitate to ask questions. I can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back