Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

'I' due to resistances in series

Status
Not open for further replies.

smslca

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We know If two or more resistances connected in series with an applied voltage 'V', then the equivalent resistance of the circuit is the sum of all the resistances. This is because all the resistors generates the same current.
==> V=IR1+IR2;

But why all the resistors in series are generating the same current, what is happening in the charge(Q) level. Why not one resistor takes more voltage and generate more current, and the another take low voltage and low current, such that they add upto voltage(V)
==>V=I1R1+I2R2;

Where I1>I and I2<I.

FvM said:
Resistors don't store charge.

The charge level what I mean is, the charge flowing across the resistors at the time of Voltage in ON position.

(1) Resistors don't generate charge or current. They just oppose the potential that V is trying to push through.

(2) The voltage divider rule and Kirchoff's voltage law around a closed loop is a fundamental and can never be violated. This rule comes before anything else.

(3) The charge across the resistors that are flowing is along the lines that 1 A is 1 coulomb per second. (I think that is the relationship.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back