Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I can´t install freeware version of Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

etolocka

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
install eagle freeware

Hi!

I have downloaded the last freeware version of Eagle and I can´t install it in my W2000 machine.

When I run the installer, near the end of the unpacking operation, I got the error:
(translated from the Spanish)

"Windows 16 bits subsystem: C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The file can´t run MS-DOS and windows applications"

I understand that Eagle works fine with Windows 2000, so I don´t what is wrong.

Somebody can ehlp me?

Regards,
Ernesto.

install eagle english version

etolocka said:
Hi!

I have downloaded the last freeware version of Eagle and I can´t install it in my W2000 machine.

When I run the installer, near the end of the unpacking operation, I got the error:
(translated from the Spanish)

"Windows 16 bits subsystem: C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The file can´t run MS-DOS and windows applications"

I understand that Eagle works fine with Windows 2000, so I don´t what is wrong.

Somebody can ehlp me?

Regards,
Ernesto.

Hi, I also faced this problem for several times (i hope you have same problems, my autoexec.nt was missing).
The solution was in my case:

To search the disc C: for autoexec.nt and then copy it to C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\

I think that even content of this file is not important, in my case there are many REM lines (thus with no funcionality), I only see this valid content:

Code:
@echo off
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe 
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

(I'm running WXP SP2 but that's not valuable difference)

Cheers,

e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back