Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hyperterminal software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subashini

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there,

I am planning to transfer a data displayed on 7 segment display to computer via bluetooth using HYPERTERMINAL software. I`m using PIC16f628a. When I google to download the hyperterminal software, there are many of it. I don`t know which one to choose. Can somebody suggest me which is the suitable hyperterminal software to download to interface between the bluetooth module and computer ? The name or version of hyperterminal will help. Thank you.

try this ..........

Attachments

• hyperterminal.zip
    173.7 KB · Views: 58

Hello!

When I was using XP, there was indeed hyper terminal. Hower, the settings were very
confusing. Why do I have to set a phone number for a connection that I will use locally as a serial port?
Then I found TeraTerm, which is by far the best I have ever tried.
The first time you run it, you have to setup a couple of things like bit rate, parity, etc...
Once done, if you save the settings, it will always start with the right configuration. No time to
lose at every launch, you get right to the point.

Dora.

By the way, TeraTerm is free.

I bet SecureCRT can do much :)

While we're at this compilation list ; )
There is also an odd one called Hercules, which is free, and can send/receive hex strings.
For the hex string use-case, I prefer it to realterm and other ones that can do this type of thing. You can build up a few hex strings, and send any of them - sometimes that is useful when developing. I only use it for that scenario, not general use.
But yes, SecureCRT is extremely good (but pay software). That or puTTY are both feature rich.

will all these softwares work on windows 7? thanks

They will work on current versions of Windows, yes.

TERATERM is a nice hyperterminal software....try this.........

Well yes, SecureCRT is not freeware, but I think there were some trials you can get. Maybe try this : 30-day-trial
https://www.vandyke.com/products/securecrt/windows.html

Otherwise, there is also a not-so-bad HyperTerminal, which comes with XP or win7. If you you don't have it in your edition, you can install it with "install optional windows components"...

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back