Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HT12E Adress A0 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugenevdw

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using the HT12E / HT12D encoder pair along with an FSK Tx / Rx for a security telemetry project. The Tx is running off 3V and the Rx off 5V. The Rosc are 1M and 68k respectively.
The 8 address bits of the HT12E and HT12D are either left open or pulled directly to ground by a DIP switch. My circuit is similar to the picture below except that I'm using an FSK transmitter from EEANT.

**broken link removed**

The RF link between the Tx and Rx works fine with any combination of matching DIP switch addresses with the exception that the first address (A0) has to be pulled to ground. If I leave A0 floating then VT on the Rx does not go high. If I set the DIP switches to any possible combination with A0 pulled to ground it works. Flip the first DIP switch back up and the link is dead.

When I googled "ht12e "first address" problem" the first result looks like a promising lead but the link on Holtek's forum is dead.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has experienced this before or could suggest a possible cause / solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.