Not open for further replies.

neo79

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hspice runlvl

Has anyone compared the lastest version hspice with the older one in terms of speed?

i did a simple simulation using hspice 2007.03 and hspice 2004.03, using a same netlist, same tolerance settings, i didn't see any speed improvement, and the newer one is even 10 seconds slower. the resulting waveform is exactly the same. anyone can explain?

[/b]

.option runlvl hspice

I have compared hspice 2006.09 and hspice 2005.09 for Linux using a very small circuit. With default options (runlvl=3 in 2006.09), the former is a bit slower than the latter. When runlvl=1 in 2006.09, the speed is about 1/3 faster than that of 2005.09 ( this version doesn't support runlvl option).

hspice simulation

Hi Hughes,

Thanks for the information.
I think the newer hspice is getting faster speed by adding in an option to adjust the accuracy. that runlvl is a parameter which can scale all the other tolerence parameters at the same time, e.g abstol, vntol, reltol, etc.

it is not getting real faster, just more features.

hspice simulation and an 2008

I was told that Hspice 2007.9 is very very fast. There was this code which took Hspice 2007.3 3 days to simulate it. Apparently HSpice 2007.9 does the simulation in 5 MINUTES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

option runlvl

It is correct. i just compared the 2007.09 and 2004.03, this time the speed of 2007.09 is 7 times of the other and the resulting waveform matched perfectly. Very very nice for me, now i can finish simulation real fast.

runlvl options in hspice

No. The option runlvl is not to scale other tolerance parameters.

spice simulation speed

is it? i didn't really looking at the menu. then it is a good news. anyway, it is faster and that's all i want.

additionaly, it is also faster than smartspice by 2-3 times with a very tighter tolerance setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…