Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HSPICE Mosfet model level

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthgod2504

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is the MOSFET model for Hspice
https://www.ele.uri.edu/Courses/ele448/HspiceRef/hspice_mosmod.pdf
I am a newbie in this field, so in this document, i see many mosfet models. For example, MOSFET Models: LEVELs 1 through 40...in this document.
What do these levels imply? Is there anything related to the complexity, accuracy... when the model levels increase?

Also, this is my very first post, if any rule violated, please help me!

Thanks very much!

Hi,

Earliest models of MOSFET devices were SPICE Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3. They were primitive models before more advanced BSIM models were developed. BSIM models were developed in UC Berkeley. BSIM 3v3 model was one of the successful models that is used widely in analog design community. Now, there is BSIM6 which is the most advanced model in this line. Advanced models are more complex than primitive models. They include more parameters and they can model more features of MOS transistors. For example, primitive models have very basic flicker noise model for MOS transistors. But, BSIM 4 and BSIM 6 have more accurate flicker noise model of MOS transistors.

Apart from BSIM line, there are also other MOS models. PSP model (developed by NXP Semiconductors & Arizona State University) and EKV model (developed in EPFL) are the other succesful models. Each of them have pros and cons regarding accuracy, numerical stability and complexity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back